We purchased the 1959 Pirsch fire engine from Pend Oreille County Fire District 3 in the early 1990’s. According to Roger Castle, who was the Fire Chief at that time, this was our first fire engine. Back then we had no fire station so Chief Castle parked the engine at his home. In preparation for training, he would use his garden hose to fill the engine and then our volunteer firefighters would gather there and spray the evergreen trees for practice.
Around the turn of the century, during maintenance, one of the rotors broke and was eventually lost while searching for a new one. The fire engine was parked and has been unused since then. In 2011, the Fire Commissioners voted to surplus it.
We believe it has a Hale 1000 gal per minute pump and a Hall-Scott 6156 inline 6cyl gas engine (935 cubic inch).
The buyer can leave the truck with us for up to 60 days after it is paid for. Please contact Larry Johnson, Commissioner, for more information.